FOUNDATION Course Curriculum

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

5/27 Week 3 Training Videos and Body Bend Attempt #1

 Training videos from our Week 3 session this week:




I hereby dub this Readiness Test Attempt ‘I hate garbage day.’ I feel like pup spent all morning rubbernecking about ANY vehicle, and especially the garbage trucks. I’m blaming the garbage trucks. Tonight I start my seven on (😫) so our hopefully passing attempt will be this afternoon. Heading to review the Exam instructions, now…



Question: when I move forward to correct a broken stay, pup wiggles and jumps back and moves any direction but back into a sit. I have been letting the stay move forward as soon as she sits no matter where it relates to where we started. Do I need to change this? 

5 comments:

  1. Training videos from Monday, my first attempt at the Body Bend Readiness Test, and a question about Sit-Stays in this post. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, not understanding your question about the Sit/Stay? The dog is placed into a Sit/Stay, once you give the "Sit/Stay" verbal command, hand signal and step away from the dog with your RIGHT foot, the dog is not to move it's feet at all. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat that is a Pass great job. Even the stand cause when she broke you new what to do and heeled her off. Keep working on the Auto sits. Your question on the correction for the sit stay. The collar is between the ears up to about 4 ft after that it gets kind of hard to keep there. If she breaks you walk towards her with your right foot enforcing the stay, correcting with upward pressure. If she moves all over the place we try to keep them where they were. Doing this on the place board for this week will help her to understand. Does this answer your question?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I will practice with the place board- I think that will help a lot! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Correct with up ward pressure every time she moves her feet. And get her as close as you can in the same position.

    ReplyDelete