Alright! I've tried to make it though most of the articles linked to the blog. We have purchased some of the supplies for the place board and I'm still trying to figure out the training table. Things are moving along.
Here are a couple photos of Niko in the place where she spends most of her time when she's not outside or in her crate. We try to keep her on lead and close to us when she's inside so she can't sneak off and get into trouble. My husband works from home so he keeps her with him when he can-- currently he is working out of our living room.
A video of the slow feeder I bought because she eats food so fast I was immediately concerned about bloat... Now she walks in circles while she eats.
I'm trying to keep Niko away from public parks until her boosters are completed, so I think our local church grounds are going to be the best place to have an open training area. Here is a grassy open area.
She's not quite sure about the selfie thing, yet.
Here is a parking lot. It's difficult to find a shaded parking lot, but the two large trees toward the front do provide a fair amount of shade.
Would the curbs around this lot be appropriate for the raised curbs for heeling? My husband's grandpa had a warehouse that burned down and we inherited some of the brick from that, so I may be able to build a better 'raised curb' if those don't work.
My patio provides about 13x26ft of workable covered area, in case something happens that prevents the church parking lot from being accessible. My yard may also be acceptable green space (though it is currently less green...) My biggest concern is that there may be too many distractions from my boys.
![]() |
| This was unplanned- Niko decided she needed to help me scrub our table. |
How do you feel about an 8 ft lifetime table as a training table?
I don't have any videos in our 'formal' training space, yet, so I've included a couple, one in our living space, and one in the yard which may be used as a less formal training space.
Looking forward to seeing you, Monday!








Homework Assignment #1 Published!
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome post Katrina!!! Please don't stress, right now you and Niko are ready for Monday. You will be surprised at how 'creative' we get with training facilities, spaces and places.
ReplyDeleteAnd your boys will be the PERFECT training distractions to teach Niko self-control and focusing on you.
We too are looking forward to Monday!